What are Reels?
Instagram says, “Create, watch, and share short, entertaining videos”
Reels are a direct competitor to TikTok and are easy to add to your Instagram and Facebook feeds.
Reels are short-form videos, 15 seconds to 30 seconds. These shorter clips allow people with less time on their hands to quickly get a sense of you and your business.
Reels are getting so popular that all kinds of businesses are jumping on the bandwagon.
Should I Use Reels to Promote My Business?
Yes, absolutely! You can bet that a good portion of your customers are on Instagram. Why not stay in front, where they’re at? That’s why businesses today find marketing through social media helpful and effective – especially with short video content!
In many ways, video content is better than text and pictures alone. Videos can make people more interested in your company by fostering engagement, connection, and trust. That’s why Instagram Reels have become a popular marketing tool that businesses use.
Can I Still Do Reels If I Don’t Want to Show My Face?
Sure! If you are not the type of person who enjoys being on camera, don’t let that stop you from creating videos for marketing your business.
In fact, sometimes you’ll see businesses posting Reel after Reel that seem to be more about the owner than they are about the business.
There are plenty of ways to showcase what makes your company unique, useful and interesting without having to be in front of the camera.
Keep reading to see 11 great ideas for producing Reels that don’t include your face.
And don’t be afraid to have some fun with them! (It’s “social media,” remember.) How about this example, where we’ve had some fun including our “co-workers”?
11 Ideas for Reels with You Off-Camera
You don’t need to be the focus of your Reel. You don’t even have to be in it!
The key is finding an angle that will connect with viewers and help them understand how your product or service can benefit them.
Remember: this is the opposite of long-form content. Don’t try to cover very much at all. For example, if you have an article that’s something like “3 tips for better XYZ,” divide that into 3 Reels.
Take any one of these ideas and turn it into a good-looking, engaging video!
1. Create a video, or a short series of videos, that explains the story of your business and what you do.
2. Make a video of your product being made, but show just the hands and the product, no faces. You’ll probably have to speed up the video for the finished Reel, but it can still show a great story. “Making Turkish Coffee” does that well.
3. Add reviews and testimonials from happy customers. Use text over nice images, maybe add a music background.
4. Answer frequently asked questions. This one is genius! You can use short videos to SHOW answers to the most common customer questions.
Realtors - Do you ever struggle with what to post on Social Media?
5. Post industry news that people will want to know, for example:
- A list of the best podcasts to listen to
- Breaking news in the industry
- What’s going on at your company
- Industry trends and predictions for the future
- Related events happening locally or nationally that you’re excited about attending
6. Solve a common customer problem in 5-7 steps. These can be great for issues that a number of people are experiencing right now. Show the problem being resolved and offer to help anyone who needs it.
7. Create a series of “tips and tricks” using a small amount of text on a nice background, with music that’s good for your market.
People LOVE learning things that help them save time and money. If they can use it in their business, even better!
Remember: your depth of knowledge makes you an expert, compared to your customers. Sharing just a little bit of helpful information improves your credibility.
And some people won’t want to do it themselves, but they will see that you can do it for them.
8. Create explainer videos for potential new customers to better understand your company’s offerings.
Explainer videos are short and concise, so they’re a perfect fit for your Reels. They help people understand what you sell and why it’s valuable.
Since Reels are short, be careful you don’t try to cram too much into one. Make a series of Reels, instead.
Your explainer Reel should answer 5 questions:
- Who is this product or service for? Who will benefit?
- What problem does it solve?
- How do I use it?
- Why will I like it?
- Why should I buy now instead of later (or not at all)?
You don’t need a professional production team to make these quick, informative Reels.
9. Promote an upcoming event or link to a past event
A Reel is a great way to promote an upcoming event or link to a past event. It’s one of the most popular types of videos used by small businesses because it doesn’t cost much, and it can be shared with others quickly on social media.
You can include a sign up, or you can include a “missed this event – sign up to catch the next one” link.
10. Just show something you think is cool!
Show your own interests, or show something you think is fun or exciting. It’s part of being “social” on social media!
11. Repurpose your TikTok videos.
Guess what? You can “double your mileage” by posting the same video you put on TikTok, right on Reels.
Get Started with Reels Today!
You CAN Use Reels to Build Your Business
If you’re not a natural on camera, don’t worry. You can still make good business Reels even if you don’t want to be on camera.
Many people are now watching Reels on Facebook and Instagram., and the number is growing. Reels are filling the gap for informal high-quality content that lasts more than 24 hours.
Are you using this new feature? Let me know how it’s working for you!